For a student classroom theoretical knowledge is not enough to work in industries. They need to have hands-on experience working in a real-time environment and projects. Internships open the opportunities for students to apply their theoretical knowledge they have learned in their classroom, practice for employers in industries and also students get in-depth knowledge in their specific field apart from only academic learnings.
- Explore the Career Opportunity: Internships give an opportunity to the students and freshers to explore the career path they have chosen for themselves. Internship works as a trial for students and it helps them to choose their desired field among multiple options available for them. It also helps them to decide their goals, things they are passionate about and to choose a company they are interested to work or collaborate with.
- Helps to Make Professional Network: Internships give a big opportunity to build a connection with professional people which is really helpful for the students for their career in the future or for learning purpose and knowledge as well. Networking helps students and freshers to make a deeper relationship with professional people and to get a reference, recommendation or testimonial for a specific job role. People can share business ideas with each other and collaborate with each other.
- Add Values, Skills, and Experience to the CV: An internship is the best way to enhance the skills and to add experience in a CV. During the internships, freshers and students acquire desired skills and gain experience which they can demonstrate in their resume. They can list out all the tasks and projects they have done during that period and they can get interview calls to land up in a job they are really looking for. Doing internship secure a full-time job and sometimes it happens that if an intern is dedicated to his/her work, then he/she can get the full-time job-opportunity by the same employer because some employers love to hire that person who is already aware of the work and company culture, so they give preference to the interns instead of hiring a new candidate.
- Learn Company Culture and Soft Skill: When an intern works for a company, they just don’t get in-depth knowledge and experience in their specific field but also they learn how to work with others in a team, collaboration with other members, time management, communication, punctuality, leadership, how to meet deadlines, how to work under pressure, how to make decisions and also they develop better work habits and they learn real-world business skills. Internships help students to build confidence and they learn to adapt to company culture.
- Learn from Mistakes: Internship helps students to learn from their mistakes during their training period and they can get suggestions from their mentors to correct those mistakes. Learning from their mistakes eventually refine their skills which can be really helpful for them while transitioning into a full-time job role. It helps them to know about their strength, weakness, knowledge or skill they need to learn to perform well in their job role.